Sydney University Legionnaires’ disease outbreak: Urgent warning issued for uni campus after three people came down sick with bacterial disease located on site

Following the alert issued by NSW Health Officials last month, it appears the legionnaire’s bacteria is now affecting the university campus located just south of the infamous harbour. An urgent health alert has been issued as three people were hospitalised when a serious bacterial disease was discovered on a university campus. Two men in their 60s and one woman in …

Godstone Green toilets with legionella bacteria issues to be replaced

A toilet block with “persistent issues with legionella bacteria” will be gutted and refurbished. The Godstone Green facilities first closed in January 2023 after incoming water tested positive for the bacteria, which can cause Legionnaires’ disease. Because the toilets are in the Godstone Conservation Area, the outside will stay the same but the inside will be stripped out and re-installed. …

Monitoring fluid concentration, bacteria and pH in Metalworking

An ebulletin was posted this week by HSE (Health and Safety Executive) earlier this week stating that they will be inspecting manufacturing businesses that use metalworking fluids in their machining processes. They stated these inspections will last until March. Health and safety UK law requires health surveillance when your workers remain exposed to fluid or mist, even after you have …

NYCHA Resident Confirmed to Have Died from Legionnaires’ Disease

The below article is quoted from a page posted on 6/2/24. However, in the last hour news has broken that one of the tenants that had contracted the disease has now passed away. Tenants living at a Brownsville housing project says they are still waiting for the water testing results from their building following two confirmed cases of Legionnaires’ disease. …

Care home rated ‘Inadequate’ after failing to report presence of legionella

This article was written by the West Bridgford Wire. A care home which failed to inform inspectors that legionella bacteria had been found in its water system has been rated ‘inadequate’ by the healthcare watchdog. Beechdene Care Home in Woodhouse Road, Mansfield, was looking after 14 people with learning disabilities at the time of inspection. Inspectors said the home was already due …

Black Sheep Responds to Urgent Disinfection for Gym Opening

Last week our team received a call from a new brand of gym that was in need of an urgent disinfection of their hot and cold water systems prior to their opening at the end of the week. Black Sheep responded with an accurate quote and was able to slot in the work in between contracted clients during the week. …

Legionnaires’ Disease Alert Issued for Sydney as People Urged to Monitor for Symptoms

This article from the Guardian reports on the current warning issued to Sydney’s citizens post the New Years shopping sale at a particular outlet store. Sydneysiders have been urged to stay alert for symptoms of legionnaires’ disease after seven people were hospitalised after contracting the respiratory illness over Christmas and the new year. New South Wales Health issued an alert on …

New Hampshire Resort Causes Legionnaires Death

The following article is quoted from NBC Boston, to read the original article please visit the link at the bottom of the page. A person from Rhode Island and another from Massachusetts became sick with Legionnaires’ disease after visiting the , New Hampshire, health officials say. One person is dead and another is in the hospital after they were diagnosed …

Merry Christmas From Everyone Here At Black Sheep Compliance

Merry Christmas! And a happy New Year as well. 2023 has been a big year for Black Sheep Compliance. Like many other business’, we’ve faced a lot of challenges but we’ve tackled them head on and come out the other side. We managed to expand our team this year, taking on 2 part time staff members to help widen our …