Following on from last weeks blog it’s come out that a British Great Grandma has been left ‘fighting for her life’ from contracting Legionnaires’ disease whilst on holiday in Corfu.
Ann Best, 71, felt unwell in the second week of her trip to Sidari but initially put her flu-like symptoms down to the heat.
The article written by Phoebe Cooke for The Sun builds on last weeks blog post about a Hotelier believing having his water safety assessment was simply enough.
Well this goes to show that we don’t really know how safe hotels abroad actually are. How can we make sure hotels are taking the correct safety precautions with their water supplies?
The article goes on to explain back home in Middlesbrough, Ann was prescribed antibiotics by her GP but had deteriorated so much by her second visit that he had to call an ambulance.
Her husband Michael said his heart “skipped a beat” at hospital when he was told the diagnosis.
This also builds on the two Brits died from the disease earlier this year after reportedly staying at a hotel in Bulgaria.
To read the full blog post/ debate click here.
If you would like to contact us about an assessment please fill out the contact form here. And we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Feel free to follow our social media to stay updated on future reports using the links bellow.