Following on from an earlier article from the Yorkshire Evening Post the Leeds care home now wants to reassure residents and staff that their water systems are safe.
The bacteria – which when inhaled is the most common cause of Legionnaires’ disease – was recently found in samples taken at Donisthorpe Hall on Shadwell Lane but managers say there is no risk to residents.
Legionnaires’ disease is a type of pneumonia usually caused by breathing in mist from water that contains legionella.
Donisthorpe Hall is a nursing home that is currently classed as requiring improvement, following an August 2018 inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) health watchdog.
In a statement released by the care home, they said open meetings have been held with residents, relatives and the wider community together with representatives of the contractors, the Trustees and Leeds City Council contracts team to enable them to ask questions about the situation.
The Registered Home Manager, Jane Stone, reassured residents and relatives.
She said: “All precautions have been taken, we have a robust plan in place, which has been extremely effective the water system is being chemically treated and samples regularly taken in line with our action plan and risk assessment and all boiler temperatures have been adjusted.”
To read the full article post click here.
If you would like to contact us about an assessment please fill out the contact form here. And we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Feel free to follow our social media to stay updated on future reports using the links bellow.